Hi friends, do you know when someone feels a stretch in the lower, middle, or upper portion of the back, it’s known as back pain.
Back pain can happen to anyone, but most people do not take it seriously. Later on, back pain becomes a major health problem for some people, who have to face many problems because of the pain.
In such a situation, this problem can be overcome to some extent if the person suffering from back pain takes the necessary measures from the beginning.
Back pain can be treated with rest or exercise, but if these methods do not provide relief, medical help should be sought. Back pain is also known as low back pain.
What are Back pain causes, symptoms, risk factors, and treatment?
 Symptoms of back pain:
- *Muscle tension: The main symptom of back pain is muscle tension. In this case, people may feel a stretch in the waist, which after a while manifests itself as pain.
- *Persistent pain: When a person experiences persistent pain at the back or waist, this may be an indication of back pain or spinal pain.
- Pain that extends into the legs: Back pain extends into the legs or feet. These people should immediately contact their doctor and have their condition checked.
- *Back pain when standing up, bending over, standing, or moving around: it is possible that back pain also occurs in people who have body pain when standing up, bending over, standing or moving around, etc.
 Causes of back pain: Many people may experience back pain for various reasons.
- Calcium deficiency: The main reason for back pain are Calcium deficiency. Back pain can occur especially in people whose bodies are deficient in calcium.
- Habitual sitting for long hours: In today’s world, most people have to sit and work for long hours. In such a situation, these people are more likely to suffer from back pain.
- In the case of arthritis: back pain can also occur in people with arthritis. These people should get checked for arthritis to avoid a serious condition.
- Poor sitting posture: You have probably seen people with poor sitting posture. These people are more likely to suffer from back pain.
- People who do not exercise: It is generally agreed that we should all exercise for at least 15-30 minutes. Exercise helps to make our bodies flexible.
However, some people do not exercise and this can lead to many health problems, including back pain.
 Diagnosis of back pain:
Back pain can be diagnosed in several ways:
- X-rays: Back pain can be tested with the help of X-rays. An X-ray examines the inside of the waist to discover the actual cause of the back pain.
- CT scan: Back pain can also be tested with a CT scan. This test consists of taking an internal image of several parts of the body.
- A sampling of parts of the body in order to determine the location of the back pain. Blood analysis: Back pain is often also tested by means of blood analysis. This is used to examine the changes in the human body caused by back pain.
- Bone scan: Often doctors or health care providers also test for back pain by means of a bone scan. In this test, the exact location of the back pain is determined by palpating the size of the human body.
- Examination of the muscles: back pain can also be tested by examining the muscles. As the pain is related to the muscle, the muscle can be examined to determine the actual condition of the back pain.
 Back pain treatments:
Back pain can be treated by such means as – In general, most people do not suffer much from back pain or back pain, but for some people, it can be a sign of other serious diseases.
It is therefore advisable to get medical treatment for back pain at an early stage so that you do not have to suffer from it.
So, if someone is suffering from back pain, they should treat it in the following ways:
- Self-Care/ Home Care Treatments – when you are suffering from lower back pain, the immediate action one should take is to stop doing strenuous physical activities and have some rest which provides immediate pain relief.
- Putting a pillow under the knees while sleeping provides pain relief to the lower back. Improving sleeping or lying body posture also, reduces back pain.
- Stretching and strenuous physical exercises should generally be avoided as they may cause irritation in the specific region
- Aerobics/Exercises: The easiest way to treat back pain is through exercise or light activities. It helps a lot in curing back pain.
- Some specific lower back exercises are prescribed to promote healing, like slow walking or swimming, etc.
- Physiotherapy/ Massages – Apart from excision, physiotherapy can be a good option to treat back pain. Therefore, a person suffering from back pain can get treatment for back pain by undergoing physical therapy.
Also, certain massages are specially designed to provide effective lower back pain relief. You can get yourself the best massage chair consumer reports as well.
- Acupuncture – The acupuncture technique is most recommended for lower back pain, as the process includes putting needles on the specific pain region, to loosen up the nerves so that pain goes off.
- Medication: Some medicines or drugs can also be used to treat back pain or back discomfort. – There are a few non-prescribed medications available on the market that are recommended by doctors for instant pain relief.
- These drugs are usually painkillers that can help reduce back pain.
- Heat and Ice Packs – Heat and cold therapy help in reducing inflammation, thus resulting in lower back pain relief. Ice packs and heat packs both can be used alternately.
- Chiropractic Treatment – This is mainly used to improve spinal function caused by increasing motion or inflammation, also known as Chiropractic Manipulation
- Surgery: this takes serious forms when the back pain has been incurable for a long time. The back pain affects the person’s spine. In this case, the only option left is spinal surgery.
 Risk and complications:
You have a higher risk of developing back pain if you…
- Smoke excessively
- Are overweight or obese
- Have a job that requires you to work or sit all day.
Some little changes in daily routine like maintaining a good body posture, eat healthily, have a balanced diet, exercises, and also be careful while sitting and standing, have a firm mattress for back support, and keeping a pillow under knees while sleeping, all help to avoid severe damage to back pain.
I hope you will get some knowledge about Brain stroke and its treatments by reading this article. Comment down your thoughts on this article below. If you have any queries, then ask My Voice.