In this article, we will discuss what is green tea?
Green tea as a medicine, the benefits of green tea, protection against cancer, how to drink Green Tea.
What is Green Tea?
Tea is the drunkest drink in the world after water. In this article, you will find out how many positive effects green tea has on your body.
You can read, among other things, how green tea prevents wrinkles and acne and how it ensures you live longer.
Green tea also has a positive effect on fat burning. You can read further in this article to lose weight with green tea.
Video credit: StyleCraze
What is green tea?
Green tea is made from the leaves of the Camellia Sinesis plant. From this plant, all kinds of tea are produced, except for herbal tea.
The leaves are dried, and the degree of oxidation determines what kind of tea it becomes. For green tea, the leaves are not oxidized. That’s why the water in your cup turns green with green tea, and dark brown with “normal “oxidized tea.
Green tea as a medicine.
In Asia, they have long known that green tea has many health benefits.
Originally, green tea was used in China and India as a medicine for the heart, to accelerate digestion, and to heal wounds.
Even now, years later, research shows that green tea helps to lose weight, detoxify and prevent various common diseases. You can read all these below.
Benefits of green tea.
Green tea is one of the least processed teas. As a result, it contains most of the natural antioxidants and polyphenols.
Polyphenols are chemical compounds that are often found in fruits and vegetables and that, in addition to minerals and vitamins, make them so healthy.
Polyphenols found in the plant kingdom are also called catechins.
Green tea contains eight to ten times more catechins than fruits and vegetables. By choosing green tea, you turn your daily cup of tea into a miracle of Health.
Antioxidants in green tea can protect against cancer.
You’ve probably already read that green tea is full of antioxidants. But what do these antioxidants do in tea for your body?
Antioxidants protect the tissues and DNA of cells from free radicals.
These free radicals make tissues, such as skin and blood vessels, age faster.
Free radicals can also turn DNA into cells, which can cause the formation of cancer cells.
In short: a large number of antioxidants in green tea make free radicals harmless.
By drinking green tea, you will grow old and can contribute to your natural defenses against some cancers.
Science has a lot of evidence for this. Research has shown that women who drink green tea are 22% less likely to develop breast cancer.
Men who drink green tea are in turn 48% less likely to develop prostate cancer.
According to another interesting study, the risk of bowel cancer can decrease if you regularly drink green tea.
But note: despite the above studies, cancer prevention can be an extremely complex process. Green tea can (at best) help reduce the risk of some cancers.
Talk to your doctor if you want to know more.
Maximum health benefits with green tea.
Green tea offers much more health benefits. There are so many that I had to make a list of them.
- Green tea which is good for your heart and blood vessels green tea lowers, among other things, “bad” LDL cholesterol. You are 31% less likely to develop cardiovascular disease if you regularly drink a cup of green tea.
- Reduces the risk of stroke.
- People who regularly drink green tea are less likely to have a stroke than those who do not, according to large-scale research.
- Reduces stress and fatigue
- Prevents cavities in teeth.
- Due to the antibacterial effect of green tea, are less likely to fall into the holes. This antibacterial effect is also responsible for the following two points.
- Relieves arthritis symptoms
- Reduces skin problems.
- Green tea not only relieves bacterial infections that cause acne, but the antioxidants in green tea also make the skin aged less quickly. This way you keep wrinkles and pigment spots for a while.
- Good for your brain.
- Green tea helps prevent Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease; the two most common brain diseases Green tea also improves memory.
- Reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- You are less likely to get diabetes by drinking green tea because it keeps sugar levels low and insulin sensitivity high.
- Helps you lose weight.
Green tea has a beneficial effect on your weight; it makes you lose weight faster and increase your metabolism, making you burn more calories.
Research shows that men who drink green tea burn up to 4% more energy than men who do not consume it. That equates to about 100 to 120 calories per day.
How can I drink green tea?
In the case of green tea, the more, the better. In a study on green tea, 2 to 10 cups of green tea were drunk.
It is only at 10 cups that green tea also lowers cholesterol, which is not the case with only 4 cups.
Large-scale research has shown that people who drink more than 4 cups of green tea a day live longer.
This effect is stronger in women than in men.
Although green tea contains caffeine, it is only a fraction of the amount of caffeine in a cup of coffee, and only half of the amount of caffeine in a cup of black tea.
So, if you are not hypersensitive to caffeine, you can drink green tea at any time of the day.
A large number of antioxidants and catechins in green tea protect against cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and brain diseases.
Green tea also improves skin and memory, reduces stress, and helps to lose weight.
If you want to get maximum health benefits from green tea, I have the following tips for you:
- Drink from 2 to 10 cups per day, drink at least 2 (and preferably more than 5) cups of green tea per day if you want to enjoy all the health benefits. But keep it healthy and drink tea without sugar.
- Use good quality
- bulk green tea is often of better quality than tea in ready-made sachets, but if you find teabags more affordable, it is also a good solution. Leave carbonated drinks with green tea.
- *How to lose weight with green tea
- Drinking green tea, you are already on your way, but it is also important to maintain a healthy diet.
I hope you will get some knowledge about Brain stroke and its treatments by reading this article. Comment down your thoughts on this article below. If you have any queries, then ask My Voice